1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

make wax at home!!

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by dollyiyer16, Oct 24, 2008.

1. maliniglow

maliniglow Gold IL'ite

hi friends,
    Sugar waxing is the best thing,and i haven't used other waxing products.Sugar waxing is superb.
    All you need is 1 cup sugar,2 teaspoons lemon juice and 2 teaspoons water and if you want little water you could add to it,Take a vessel or kadai ,add these mixtures and stir till it becomes thick consistency .It should boil and comes as a froth or bubbles.
    Another preparation is with honey, same preparations as said above instead of sugar,you are using honey,in this preparation you could add four teaspoons sugar to the mixture.
    Now pour this mixture in a plastic vessel so that it could be easily washed,allow it to cool for some minutes,do not apply when the mixture is hot .

2. maliniglow

maliniglow Gold IL'ite

hi friends,
    As i said above preparations of home made wax, now lets see applying procedure.Apply it in reverse direction of hair grows,now you could use cotton strips or waste cotton clothes(a thick cloth) ,Apply the wax on the desired area and spread a thin layer of sugarwax on a small part ,use butterknife or ice-cream stick. Immediately cover that area with a cloth strip and rub it down firmly and quickly tear the cloth strip away from your leg in the opposite direction of the hair growth.This is less painful and if you find reddish this is normal,this reddish is because dealing with a big long hairs.:cheers

3. gems7882

gems7882 New IL'ite

I think... we can use the hot wax pot (heater ) we get in beauty stores to keep this right? so u dont have to keep heating it on stove.:drowning

4. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear friend

very useful information for ladies.

ganges

5. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

I tried this . Bt did nt get better results.

Should i make my leg immerse in water b4 i wax ??? cuz it s so dry and it s difficult to pull in opposit direction . Kindly help me out.

One more thing, after wax preparation i should immediately apply on legs.Cuz it s too hot .

Is there any other way to wax at home ?

6. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

before waxing the skin must be dry, otherwise it will be harder to get the hair off, and no don't apply it immediately, you will burn your skin, make sure u apply it at the highest comfortable heat. i wouldn't recommend the first waxing experience to be done by yourself, get it done at the parlor the first time, that way you will get a feel of what is right, and you can see how it is done.

7. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

oh ok . Thanks ruby :)

8. smitarubinsson

smitarubinsson Gold IL'ite

I have used the sugar wax method for many years and it is efficient, if your leg it too dry apply a thin layer of talcum powder on your legs and after waxing always moisturise.

Always try on a small part to check to see if the consistency is right. 2 people are better when waxing try and call your friend, as your force is sometimes not enough and the fear of pain causes you to pull lightly making you do it over and over.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  9. mchai

mchai New IL'ite

Dear Dolly,

Thanks for sharing this and sounds really great and easy.
    Please let me know whether we can use powdered sugar or brown crystal sugar?

Thanks,
    Chai

10. insha

insha Gold IL'ite

Hey gals,have you tried sugar waxing as mentioned in this thread.Did it work for you?