Third Thread-Ask here the Recipes you want from Chitvish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

chithumma...
    remember i gave a feedback on the rich chocolate cake?day before once again i tried baking,but this time i used the betty crocker mix which DH got from the supermarket.
    it tasted much better!

texture wise both were supersoft n spongy. fluffy too.
    but this choc cake was yummy rich, so i am wondering,cld it be the quality of cocoa we use?or maybe that we use vanilla essence and they use the "real thing" vanilla extract?

i am just trying to find out how to make this chocolat3e cake of mine more decadent and rich

so i went back to hypercity today and got the waitrose cocoa
    [​IMG]

i am sure theres something in the ingredients that differs the richness....can u suggest me any tips chithumma?

also i got confused between brown sugars....there was waitrose dark brown sugar,light brown sugar and demerara sugar.what do i buy? :(

http://www.ocado.com/webshop/produc...5011?parentContainer=|20001|20424|20827|20829
    or
    http://www.ocado.com/webshop/produc...0011?parentContainer=|20001|20424|20827|20829
    or
    http://www.ocado.com/webshop/produc...3011?parentContainer=|20001|20424|20827|20829

i am struggling to get the ingredients right

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pooh,
    Never compare with a commercial product and underestimate your baking/cooking.
    In all commercial mixes, hydrogenated fats (only) are used & not butter/margarine.
    Secondly, when I went to a wholesale shop containing bakery products, I saw cake softeners, bread softeners etc for commercial use.
    We can never try any of the above at home.
    I use ONLY Cadbury's cocoa/drinking chocolate for all my baking. I use demarara/light brown sugar - whichever is available. I have never bought any Waitrose products.
    Right measurements, proper blending, baking at the right temperature will give you the best home-made cakes.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. sleela

sleela New IL'ite

no response

Chitra mam,
    posted this thread long back but no response

have tried many of ur recipes......as u told, some came out well...others on trial.....reg coconut dosa....this is not the one which is made by adding coconut milk while grinding...but coconut milk is poured oevr the dosa while serving......can u pl tell me the measurement for just 4 persons[​IMG]

4. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

Re: no response

leela,
    mami has already replied your query,please go through this.,chitvish reply..i was surprised when you wrote ""no response"",unless and until she is away from IL,,mami never fails to answer any of the queries thats posted,,

aarthi

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  5. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

Re: no response

hi sleela,

are u asking for the aappam recipe? To me it sounds like that. She sh'd have given the recipe. Pls check the A-Z recipe index. Or , alternately click the search tab and type in ' aappam recipe chitvish ' and google search, u sure will get the recipe link. All the best.

Hey Aarthi, all y'r photos are too good, esp the cashew biscuit one. U rock , girl.

6. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Madam,
    Can you give me the ingredients for senai eruseri (if you have already given please let me know the name of the receipe). I searched your Index. I didnt find it.)

Secondly receipe for Vazhai thandu...........

I tried your idly(normal). It came very nice.
    Thankyou for your receipes. :bowdown:bowdown

7. rsa

rsa New IL'ite

Sathu Maavu Kanchi Receipe needed

Dear Chitra Madam,

Could you please provide me the list of ingredients to be used while preparing Sathu Maavu Kanchi powder?

Thanks in advance!
    Rsa.

8. Chitvish

Dear Sudha,
    Please search for 'eriseri' & for vazaithandu recipes go to, Tips on curries & Tips on kootus in the tips thread. VT comes under green veg category.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

Re: Sathu Maavu Kanchi Receipe needed

Dear Rsa,
    I will search in my book for my original recipe & post it. But not necessary to add everything given there. Adjust to your convenience & availabilty of things.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

Can you share the recipe for motichoor ladoo. I tried your ladoo recipe and it came out very well in the first attempt.:thumbsup But my people are all diet conscious and hence want to reduce the amount of sugar. For motichoor, I made a sugar syrup in the following measurements- sugar -250gms , water -350ml(gram flour 250g for making boondhis) and made in to a sticky syrup. But unable to make in to balls unlike the regualar boondhi ladoo. Where did I go wrong. Pls help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.