1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone needs Dental advice - Please post ur problems

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by hema_gladston, Jun 18, 2008.

1. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Hi Preethi,

I was not able to visit any dentist as of now but yes i visited a GP and he said that i got an infection and abcess(Pus) is forming hence it is paining....he gave some antibiotics and asked me to wait for 3 days and then still if nothing happens he asked to visit a dentist.......but yes i need to fox up an appointment in the weekend atleast,weekdays i may not be able to go......

was just worried if this is going to turn into something big like root canal or ?? :eek:mg:

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

I am sorry.. I cant follow what your problem is.. Could you explain it a little more clear..

3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

GP ? I saw your location as India.. Hence didnt think much about you not being able to visit a Dentist soon.

Looks like you live somewhere in the UK or Europe.. Right ? I dont know the procedure there. But good that you are on antibiotics. Because that is a must if there is an infection as I said earlier.

Sweety, dont panic about a Root canal. It is a simple procedure that
    ' saves yur tooth ' !! :) Yeah, it involves an injection but, the area can be numbed before so that you dont even feel the prick. Dont get paranoid, that is all.

Take care.. You will be fine..

4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

I am sorry for the late reply.. It is just that pregnancy aches keep me away from sitting too long.. with a week to go for my due date. Sorry again.

Yes. Please do check about the deep cleaning. I have heard that insurance covers just one quadrant at a time or sometimes just one quadrant. So, you can take a call on the worsened quadrant.

Or, ask the doctor to just do a scaling ( superficial cleaning ) for now and be on good maintainance. Do regular massages, brushing and flossing. Make sure you gargle " after every meal " . Atleast till you check with your insurance, you are good to go. :)

Take care, Girl !

5. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

White spots on teeth

Hi Dr.Preethi

I had my dentist checkup last week and after scaling she prescribed a cream named "Tooth Mousse" for curing white spots that may lead to deterioration/cavity of the teeth.

She said that it is Calcium based and I need to apply for 3 months for permanent cure.While prescribing the cream itself, she said that it is costly and difficult to get it easily.I enquired in many medical stores and they had no idea.Can you clarify if the name is correct or some other preventive measures I can adopt for that?Any other alternatives in US?

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  6. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Soumya,

Tooth mousse is something which helps teeth which are demineralised. Meaning, the enamel chips off due to various reasons and this opens up the dentin ( a sensitive layer below enamel ) which is more vulnerable to decay. They prevent sensitivity and provide a sealing.

In India, I used to use GC tooth mousse for my patients.... worked well.

WHat you can do, is either talk to your Dentist and ask her to ' prescribe '
    one to your pharmacy so that you can collect it.. else search Amazon and choose something which fits your budget and take her opinion on wether that is good.

Take care.

7. september

september Bronze IL'ite

hi preethi ,

how much does tooth mousse cost in India ?
    and where can we get it ?

8. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Thankyou Dr.Preethis.

9. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

In India, it isnt usually given to patients in all cities. I used to apply it for patients as a treatment. They rather come to clinic for treatment than buy a mousse and apply it themselves. :) That is how it is in India.

I used to buy the mousse from the dental traders. I dont remember the cost though. You can visit your dentist and ask for one.

10. girl83

girl83 New IL'ite

thanks again.
    I have done my regular cleaning for now & have become so paranoid that I do exactly what u mentioned. The insurance doesnt seem to cover the deep cleaning since i already went for the regular cleaning. I guess i'll have to postpone it 2 sometime l8r this year.
    Hope you are good to receive you bundle of joy:) Good luck:thumbsup !!