1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone needs Dental advice - Please post ur problems

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by hema_gladston, Jun 18, 2008.

1. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

thank you dr preethi,,,

i got appointment for next week docs in edison r so busy uff...

but guess what my teeth stopped moving all of a sudden..i dont know what was this.

but thanks a ton and i will update you..
    really i appreciate your reply.

lov neha

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Oh... If you noticed that it appeared suddenly then, it could have been due to the fluid tension beneath the gums, neha ! :) That is why it vanished too.. or atleast you feel so.

However, get it checked and do let me know the update.. :)

Take care

3. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

hello dr preethis,,,

so i went to dentist an dhe xrayed it and nothing cam ein xray he says all is well but due to one of my missing teeth in row it might be causing little bit of problem else it is nothing this is what doc told me....

one more issue he is telling me he needs to fill cavities in 5 teeth whereas i feel nothing like no pain or no issues so i am doubtful ,,,no plaque no problem in my teeth..
    I DOUBT DOCS ALOT!!!

thanks alot to you for being so concerned and taking care of my query.
    thanks again

4. girl83

girl83 New IL'ite

hello Dr.Preethi,

I recently had a regular cleaning done which was incidentally my first in all these 27yrs that too cos i was here in US.
    Before i come up with my questions here's my dental background.

I have a tooth next to the upper canine which had a rct done and has a crown. I have broken this crown several times and the current one(broken over a year ago) has a little gap on the inside. I can feel the gap with my tongue. I brush my teeth twice a day and floss daily.

Q1. The doc told me that i had 2 get the crown replaced asap since there was decay inside( the gap showed up on the xray) and there were possibilities of the tooth breaking. There is no pain or any discomfort at the moment. I dont chew much on this side. What's your take on how soon it should be done?

Q2. I was asked 2 do a "full debridement" which is like deep cleaning in my understanding though she did say that my condition was not so bad. They did some measurement like 2,3,4 etc.. i had several 4 but no 5s. They said it was to remove the calculus deposits which my toothbrush cannot remove. How much is this necessary if i go for regular cleanings alone?

I'm so depressed after hearing this and we cant seem 2 take this now. I would rather do it in India when we go in about 2 yrs.
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

5. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Hello Dr.Preethi,

oh god this link has just to my rescue......
    I am getting pain in my upper gum specifically above 1 tooth right in the front from yesterday...my frens are teasing me that a new tooth is coming up...that too right in the front..:spin

i am so shattered how the hell can a new tooth come up just like tht....:idontgetit:........it is paining awfully.......i will be visiting a doc hopefully this weekend......can u pls advice any remedy for the time being to keep the pain at bay.......:confused2:

6. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Neha,

Ok.. there was a ' missing ' tooth then. well that disturbance in occlusion and alignment could be a reason for loose tooth. However, since the doctor didnt advice anything.. guess will leave it at that. You can always get back if there is an issue.

About the ' filling ' of decayed teeth. Neha, it is like this.. The Dentist identifies decay and ' advises ' you to ' remove ' the decay and fill it up with material , so that the decay doesnt go any further and you dont end up losing more tooth structure.

Now, the tooth that has decay may be just in the beggining stage and wouldnt be symptomatic ( givng out pain or sentivity ) yet.

Wether you want to " wait " for pain to happen and lose a lott more tooth structure so that you end up paying more from your pocket and go through the not-so-nice tooth ache, is entirely upto you.. :)

Seriously think about it and take a call..

Take care, Neha. I am glad I was of some help.

7. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Since there is a decay that has already developed in the area, I suggest you go for replacement of cap after getting the decay removed and filled. Make sure you get an Xray after the tooth is filled so that you dont get to see any evidence of decay ( which will appear dark in an xray ).. This will help you in the future iff there is trouble in the same tooth.

That is called Periodontal index. It means checking of ' pockets ' between the gums and tooth surface, which could lodge calculus. Once that is done, atleast the tooth is calculus-free and you wont lose any bone structure down. Deep scaling will only benefit you. :) You can probably chose one side / quadrant which has the maximum number of pockets and treat them first if money is an issue. If it isnt, then go ahead and get it cleaned up ! :)

There is nothing to be deppressed about it.. :) It is just a cleaning process. You could delay it for whatever reasons for 2 years, but none can gaurantee you wether further harm wouldnt be caused to those teeth which have pockets. Your condition can worsen too.

They will probably numb your gums and just go a little deeper into the gums. That is all. In some cases, they could open it and clean it better. Either way, it helps you.

Take care.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  8. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Sweety,

You are right .. YOUR FRIENDS ARE KIDDING ! They have no clue and just passing time :)

You cant have a new tooth popping out unless you are 7 years old.

The pain could be due to various reasons, Sweety ! I wouldnt be able to tell you what unless I see it :)

But for the moment, you can probably take a pain killer, apply some gel which relieves pain or even try glycerine.

But if there is an infection, then pain killer and antibiotic should be taken. Maybe, by the time you read this you would've visited your Dentist... Sorry for the late reply.

Take a pain killer.. It wont harm you anyways. :)

Take care

9. girl83

girl83 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Preethi for your timely adivce
    I was checking to see if you had replied or not every now and then.
    About the cap replacement, yes I will try to schedule it as soon as possible.
    Regarding the deep cleaning, I'm not too sure on whether our insurance will cover it:cry:, so need 2 do some research on it ....
    It's a blessing we have u :thumbsup

10. telugubidda0078

telugubidda0078 New IL'ite

i have same problem as schamla
    the gap and squeez in for other tooths
    i have another problem also-------the tooths that r close cant evev give space to clean with flossing brush,wat to do?