1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband's too much involvement

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by veditha09, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Uma Jogi

Uma Jogi Senior IL'ite

Hi veditha,

This is quite normal from all the Lloving husbands...they feel like we must be verymuch open with them..!! even my husbadn asks me keenly abt everything..he loves me alot...more than anyone else...he treats me as a kid.,..and always thinks abt my safety..!! his main concern is not that i cant manage myself...but it is out of Affection n care they say all these with us..!!
    So try cooperate with him...it wld be cool for u...and dont think the way ur feeling now...!!
    takecare dear..!!Computer Typing

2. senorita2007

senorita2007 New IL'ite

hi veda......
    its normal, guys want to correct u and make u think they are more efficient and clever than u. they actually love to hear girl talk.
    my husband is just the same... i could imagine anecdotes from my life when i read ur post....

3. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Hey Veda, U r blessed with such a lovely husband .The problem is because u both r different.Guess what Men r more insecure than women.Given any point of time in their life they wud lean to a woman(be it a mom or wife or girlfriend or sis......).

He loves u a lot and wants to know every move of urs .And also men r more nagging and spying than women.Some do it subtly and some do it in a arrogant way.

4. kolli143

kolli143 Senior IL'ite

Hi Veda,
    If the over inquisitiveness annoys you, then it is a problem. But there are ways to get around it. First of all since you do not like being questioned deeply, stop giving him every tid bits of your day. Just say, it went okay, not much done or as usual nothing special today kind of vague answers. Even when he asks about phone conversation, just tell him that its girls stuff or usual friendly talk nothing imp to discuss etc. That would kill 50% of questions and the rest will become easier to deal with too. Majority of husbands are like yours in one way or the other. They all give suggestions even when we are not ready to listen to them. So just smile and keep quite. If it really bothers you, you can always take the tactic that preethi suggested or just plainly tell him, that you did the right thing given the situation. Sometime its easy to give a deaf ear in these cases too. Just say yes to everything, but leave them right there and do what you think is the best.
    And more importantly, start asking him about his day. What he had done in the office. Whom did he do lunch with etc. you can give him suggestions as well like telling him what he can do to preserv good heath - LOL :rotfl
    Take it easy and enjoy life by adding some humor into your husbands inquisitiveness.
    Good luck.
    -Swathi

5. girl83

girl83 New IL'ite

i agree...
    put open ended questions 2 him.......
    as for me.. hubby dearest is very reserved and an introvert kind of a person...doesnt speak much.....and leaves me 2 my frnds...
    he cant even remember my best frnd's name :bowdown

6. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

Veditha

I don't see anything weird here. As a matter of fact, I used to do this to my DH. He is not good with his PR skills, so I used to ask him whom he talked to and what he talked and give my suggestions. He takes my suggestions as positive inputs and has improved his PR skills. Now that I see his PR skills are good, I don't keep a close watch anymore.

7. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

This is such an old thread:) !!!

Last edited: May 1, 2010