Sarees, Kurta, Handbags, Kids Clothes,Parlor in TVM

Discussion in 'Trivandrum' started by amsnair, Aug 27, 2009.

1. amsnair

amsnair New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am going to Kerala after 7years and would appreciate if you all could help me with the following:
    Am looking for good place to buy Kurtas - (location please in TVM).
    - good place to stitch salwars and how long will it take for tailors to stitch. (location please)
    - good parlor in TVM
    - good kids stores

2. desertdiva

desertdiva Junior IL'ite

hi dear,

i'm looking for these answers tooo.. i'm visiting in sept and then in dec. few days in sept and for 3 weeks in dec for a wedding... so if i get the answers will let u know. meanwhile if you are able to find answer to these please lemme know...
    for all thos ladies from tvm... please help....
    also i'm looking out places wherein i can purchase designer party wear sarees and salwars from tvm....pls help me...

3. ativak

ativak New IL'ite

sorry a bit late but still want to share somethiung regarding salwar stitching.one designer named pepston does good stitching.after hunting for years i found out him andim satisfied with his stitching .his shop is next to mangulam park bar (vazhuthacaud thycaud one way which starts from m.p appan road and ends near the taj residency junction traffic signal)and has no name board.he charges around 4oo f0r 1 set but gives the stitched stuff in 2 days.

4. thegoodoer

thegoodoer New IL'ite

Please.... I had AWFUL experience with this fellow pepston !!! He sucks! He RUINED all my salwars worth Rs.30,000!! He goes by the design what he likes! I have VERY CLEARLY asked for full sleeves! But he made all 3/4th, 2/3rd (may be he does not know english ha ha!) that made all look like kid's salwars! He was adamant saying that is the latest fashion! WHO CARES, IT IS INDIVIDUAL CHOICE. HE BETTER LEARN TO RESPECT HIS CUSTOMERS! I cannot wear any of those! Now if I have to alter those, God knows how much it will cost! Else, it goes to trash! It is already in trash!!! :-((((((( I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT TO GO TO HIM. SAVE YOUR MONEY! HE CHARGES A LOT!!! WORTHLESS TAILOR!

desertdiva, I heard a place where they stitch cute clothes with reasonable rate! But do not know the name right now. Once I come to know, I will let you know!

Sorry Ativak! I had to write to so much, since I am so frustrated that all clothes I carried abroad went waste!

5. mariapothen

mariapothen New IL'ite

Hai ladies!!

I've been in trivandrum for over a year and i'm sick and tired of experimenting with my salwar pieces :bonk...however, i'd recommend trendz in nanthancode...they hav some real eye-catching pieces n the in-house tailor is quite good as well..:thumbsup..n they r not adamant abt stictching salwar pieces that were only bought from their shop..
    Can any of u tell me a good place to stitch ladies formal pants? It would be really helpful if i got to know at the earliest cuz i plan to leave town in a week ...tc,u all :hiya

6. sobharam

sobharam New IL'ite

Hi ILs,

There is one Salwar stiching centre in Thampanoor. Unique Fashions.My sister in law stiches her churidhars from there for the past 7-8 years..its reasonable..

Regards
    sobha

7. nemo

nemo Senior IL'ite

hi ladies anyone knows shop fashion street in tvm

8. roopshere

roopshere New IL'ite

There is good botique called 'Aiena' in vazhuthacaud. They have a really good collection of kurtha,salwar materials,ready made salwars,handbags and clutches !

9. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

For readymade kurtas, try the Fab India in Kowdiar. It has a decent collection.

10. josjareena

josjareena New IL'ite

Hi anu,

Could you plz let me know whats the charge for stitching salwar kameez at fashion street and do they tell as designs or patterns for stitching.
    Waiting 4 ur reply.

Thanks
    Jareena