1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings -- Season 4

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

So did everyone have a good weekend? My Sunday was busy as expected and the family pooja thing did not go well - had to listen to a few hurtful remarks and for some reason I just could not let them go but felt bad and ended up waiting to just leave and go home. DS had a good time with all his extended family and so did DH; I really need to get better at taking rude remarks I guess.

Sindhu - dont be hard on yourself. I agree with Latha - you just need a break thats all.

AD - nice that you are dealing better with DS. I think I do better these days too thanks to lots os stuff I pick up here.

Latha - only 4 days to go right? Hold on...

Aarthi - sure we should meet when you come to Chennai.

Ramya - my MIL is a lot like that with a twist ( she will not allow me to anything and will then go and complain to her sisters how she has to do all the work!). Anyway I think you should just go ahead and do work according to your conscience and not worry about what she feels - maybe in a few years she will come to accept that you too are part of the family.

V.

2. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Woke up to more rain and gray weather. Atleast the plants outside are getting watered. Brian left for a 3 day trip this morning. Dislike! Can't wait for Wednesday night to be here. Going out for lunch with Grandma Sherry today. My back's feeling much better after the visits to the Chiropractor. Yep, I am sold up on them now!

Ramya, long time no hear! good to see you here. Oh my! MILs are complicated beings and whenever I say that my inner self reminds me with a grin that I am going to be one some day. :) I am keeping a list in my journal of all the things that my MIL does and says that's hurtful or unnecessary, so when I become one I'll consult my own list to see whether I am being fair or not. :thumbsup Sorry don't know what to suggest you about your situation though.

Vanathi, you've got to be made of stone to handle rude remarks well all the time. I am sure you handled it very well. Things like these happen when you are with extended family. ((hugs)) Wish I were closer, I would have treated you with some chocolate therapy. :)

Sindhu, I bet that was embarassing! But things happen. We all do such silly things!! Tell your hubby it shows how much you need a break and a retreat. :thumbsup

Aw Latha, that was sweet of little A. Missing her appa, huh? When's he coming back?

Aarthi, glad you had a relaxing weekend. I too went shopping last night - all by myself - as Riya says nowadays. I got a good deal on a pair of shoes - bought a pair of Merrell shoes for $15!!! I had a gift card that Brian's aunt had given me a long time back there was still some money on it, and the shoe was for $50! I am so happy for such a good deal.

AD, you are a better mommy not because of this thread but due to the fact that you are learning from others, you are open to suggestions. So I would give credit to you first and not entirely to this thread. :thumbsup

Raj

3. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Yesterday Riya and I played with some tempera paint - the girl likes to get messy and I don't but I jumped in nevertheless. We did some finger painting and I taught her how to make handprints - check out my avatar. Cute no?! I dated it and the plan is to frame it. Next we're going to make one with Brian's and the dogs' prints on. Should be interesting, especially bringing in the dogs to do an art project. :rotfl

Raj

4. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear all,
    How are you all... My love to your kids.

Got net connection (temporary) before our next shifting in few weeks time. Having a hectic time with shifting works and guests too. We are living in the middle of packed goods...more like a railway station. Especially for Aditi, fixed AC. We got a new car Hyundai i20 and enjoyed the first drive on ECR with Aditi.

Raj..Your avatar is very cute. How is Riya doing now ? HOw is your health... Amma arrived ?? How is your packing going on ?

Krithika.. How are you and little K doing ?

Sindhu..How are you and your work going on ? How is P and V ? Hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather and scenic atmosphere there.

Nitha.. How is Chinnu ? Shifted to new place ?? (Did not read the previous posts !)
    How is your new place ?

Vanathi.. HOw are you and Aadhu doing ?

Arthi, Poornima, Vidhya, Ramya, How are you and your kids ?
    Having guests at home...so bit busy.

Bye for now... need to ready dinner for all.

5. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Ladies

Hope you all had a great weekend. I manged to pack jay's and chinnu's clothes. Kept some clothes to be donated. My cloth packing is going to be a marathon event. I never knew I have this much clothes; yet I keep on telling I don't have any :))) When will I change:)

A cutie thing chinnu did : She always have the habit of using J's laptop whenevr she sees it unattended (despite n number of warnings). Last weekend when J came to kitchen; she immediately ran to the laptop and J smacked her and told her never to touch this again.
    After some time; I asked her" what did Acha do" ?
    She replied "Acha adi" .
    I asked "why did acha beat you"
    She replied " Acha..no combather (computer). No.. No.. No.. (wagging her index finger)
    It looked so cute. I was almost in the verge of tears. Ohhh...
    Let me go through the rest of the posts
    -Nitha

6. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Gowri;
    Congrats on the new car. Glad that you have settled there. Take good care. We are shifting in may(mid)
    Vanathi
    Hugs. Some comments cannot be just ignored isn't it. Its hard.
    Suman; My IL's are like that. My Sil once came clean the bathroom . I was shocked and very sternly told her not to. Cooking and all; I really don't mind them doing it. I am lazy bee..you see. :))
    Raj;
    Thanks for the tips on hair care. Half of it was new to me. I have the habit of "turbanning" my hair;) I have to let go of it.
    Yes; your avatar does look cute. How does the chiropractor does the treatment?
    It was so smart of Riya. Great!!!
    Sindhu; :) Tell your DH to take it with humour;) Don't be hard on yourselves. Sometimes we tend to overlook the obvious. To err is human.
    Latha; It is so nice that Ananya is taking pasta and non-rice food as complete dinner. Chinnu is a pakka southie. For her kichdi is a must. She will take chapati or pasta(my and J's dinner); but she needs rice to top it off.
    S-s; Despite the LTC s and my parents brought up outside kerala; I haven't travelled any where. My longest summer vac travel is to maternal grandmothers place 4 hours :))
    AD; You make me ashamed to call myselves a keralite :( I have not visited half of the places that you have visited in Kerala:)
    I so totalling agree with you. I am a better mommy as the days pass.
    Arathi;
    My favorite Kho-Kho. I used to be an expert player;) And kabadi too. Have a great trip in June.

-Nitha

7. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Okay ladies;
    A quick plan is made. J is going to NYC tomorw and we (chinnu and me) are tagging behind him. I am all excited. Three days of hotel life.
    Please do suggest what all I should take. The room have MW; and fridge. I plan to take rice cooker for chinnu's food? What else? Any sggns.
    -Nitha

8. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

h nitha,
    thats a jack pot,isnt it..enjoy your trip...other than the usual toddler stuff,you can take few toys /books for chinnu ,.if you are taking the stroller,then may be you both can explore ths streets of NYC ,when your dh is at work,,JMO..

combather is cho chweet,,,V used to say "comthuter"",as a toddler..oh,,i really miss those toddler talks...
    have a nice trip..

vanathi,
    i am surprised that many of us here sail on the same boat,,its really tough for me too to take such remarks,,,hugs to you..

raj,
    that was a great deal!it feels good when we bag such suprise deals ,isnt it.once i got a handbag for 12 euros,but then i came to know at the till that it was on a sale price of 3 euros:),,,i was litreally flying.

after a long time i watch a tamil movie online today...nothing special about the movie,,but a good time pass.

9. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

It's official now, there is no way I can catch up with this thread. I hope all of you are keeping well. We are not too good right now. I am exhausted after going through mountains and mountains of paper work to find some very documents we were missing.
    Half way through Saturday night, the a/c failed with the doors all nicely shut. I was very restless for whatever reason and when I woke up the mat I was sleeping on the floor was soaking with condensation from the a/c and the a/c had stopped working. I wonder how long we were sleeping with the windows and doors shut with the a/c not working! We had some service contracts that neither DH nor I can locate, so we are paying through the nose to fix the a/c. But thank heavens it was nothing more serious.
    It turns out all our paperwork is in a shambles. I am doing that right now, looking up bank statements, address proofs, applications, bills that we need to keep. All of it one. total. huge. mess! I thought I had it all filed last year and am changing everything to electronic documents. In theory, my existence is in order on my comp. The rest I left it to DH because he says he finds it difficult to follow my filing logic! Blah! I dunno if the repair costs are going to something we can do with this month!
    I am hurting all over from being bunched up over boxes and boxes. To make things fun! I got stung by fire ants and my arms are swollen the size of a cricket ball. This morning when I was hammering in a stake to support a new plant, I got my left hand instead. O.U.C.H. When it pores it floods. The good thing is our paper work is a-ok now. The most valuable lesson we have learned is both DH and I need to work as a team.
    But the work is done and wanted to find out how you ladies have been doing. Goodnight mommies. May peace prevail in your homes.

10. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

How have you all been doing? I didn't get time to login or even browse anything. I am at mom's place and all exhausted, thanks to B. For the past 2+ weeks since I came here, B has been very clingy (wish i had a better word to describe). Reason: Within the first few days we saw a millipede coming right toward him when he was playing on the floor. I managed to hit it, but still he got so scared since then. He would not walk on the floor from that day. He wants me to carry him around all the time. He would not go to anyone apart from me...The early next morning, looks like he dreamt of this "peechi" (poochi in tamil/insect) and woke up wailing and saying there is peechi in the bed. Inspite of so many assurances, he would not sit or stand on the bed...He would sit right on top of me in my lower abdomen/pelvis all the time and would sleep right on top of me until he falls sleep...This happened for almost 2 weeks straight. This week is better than the last week, but he still does not let anyone carry him. I got a bad backache because of this and carrying him around all the time. Today got really irritated and smacked him nicely for throwing my phone. It got him very upset and he started wailing and acting worse...I felt really bad for doing this as he was already missing his dad and was just trying to adjust to the change in environment. OMG...I still have 2 more weeks to go...

Latha/AD - Just read your posts how handling tantrums..I feel the same too and my hubby tells this often that I am not giving B the space he needs to explore things himself. I dont like to have a mess, so I interrupt or do things for B. Hubby, on the other hand, lets B explore everything and lets the mess happen and cleans up later. Mmh...I am still learning (my usual excuse). But as AD said, I do learn a lot from you guys.

Raj...Hope you are feeling well with both your little ones...Your avatar is very sweet...I wonder how you get all the energy for this mess when you are pregnant! I happened to take a finger/foot print of B with tumeric last week...I regret I didnt do this with the tiny baby hands of his...

Gals..When did you all meet...Looks like I missed a lot...I really haven't read any posts for the last 2 weeks...Hope all is well with all of you...

Nitha...That was very chweet of chinnu...no no combather! :)

Take care mommies..

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.