1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings -- Season 4

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

CC....

Thanks. We have to shift to nearby quarters in this weekend....so doing packing for that. We will settle down fully after a month or so.
    Having a hectic time in this HOT weather.

2. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

This is how I feel right now :crazy :spin,

I picked up Riya from MDO at 1 pm and she wanted to go to the playground. I usually let her play for 30 mins. but today because of the dinner that I needed to make for the friend, I refused. I also wanted to take a short nap as my upper back has been hurting recently too. The whining continued in the car, and when at home I put her down for her nap, she didn't want to go down - the crying and the screaming - 'mommy, mammma' was too much for me to handle. She didn't want to read a book, she didn't want to paint, she wanted to watch TV. So I put the Mickey Mouse show on and sat her on my lap, hoping she will calm down, but no.... after I switched off the TV the crying continued back again. She was tired I could see that but she didn't want to go down. Finally, I sat down on the couch with her on my lap, and she fell asleep at 3 pm! So there goes my nap, and I have to drop the food off by 5 pm, and make our dinner. I myself am ready to burst into tears now :( Why, of all days, this has to happen today?!

She has been like this lately with her sleep and I think part of it could be just a phase - not needing as much sleep, but the bigger part could be my pregnancy that she is getting very clingy. I don't blame her at all - after all she's just a two year old, but I wish I had more energy to deal with it. It makes me very scared thinking how in the world I am going to manage two kids!

Raj

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

oh hugs Raj. i know this situation when nothing works and we end up feeling guilty. i have a 5 yr old ,who can explain his feelings better than Riya, do this to me most part of the day. believe me it wasn't so difficult for either of us until his little sis started being mobile and attracting everyone's attention. and yes yes it always happens when we have some errands, some appointments. don't worry it'll get better, but painfully slowly:( i am so sorry for this discouraging post but i don't want to give false consolations:( take care... tomorrow will be wonderful:)

i made a simple tomato dal and aloo-methi. this is the first time i try the latter and it was so damn good. i had so many simple things to finish but nothing happened and i'm not unhappy. as you say i am hard on myself and that's what makes everything tough. the children went to bed happy and now i'm getting ready.

everyone take care... sorry i'm not able to reply as i intended to. i hope i'll be able to make payasam tomorrow but i'm not going to push myself:)

4. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Oh Raj, take it easy... I know .. some days are like that.. And will you believe everytime even before my DD was born and also after she was born... everytime the first my of my periods would be a day when always extra things/work used to come up.. it's hard to believe but yes. EVERY single time, during the first painful day, it's either some unexpected guest or some errand that cannot be forgone or heavy workload at work or some other thing and now it's DD. And there was a time when I feared that single day because I would break down easily (attribute it to the silly hormones) and I certainly would. Now I've learnt not to expect to take rest on that day.. See.. I start cleaning the shelves by myself... :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

Take it easy Raj... There's always a better tomorrow. :)

5. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Raj, don't be too hard on yourself, somehow if it has to go wrong all things have to go wrong on the same day - Murphys law I suppose. Get some take out for dinner or fix something simple - ever tried oatmeal for dinner? That and a smoothie is great for those unexpected days when everything seems to fall apart.

Confidential - I went from "how on earth am I going to manage two kids" to "oops was I nuts to sign up to have another kid" to a happy medium of "some days are good, some days not so good". Like Latha says it will get better, maybe a little slow.

6. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Ohh ladies;
    A big relief towards the end of day. A long search came to an end. We finalised on an apartment.:).It is in edison.

Sindhu;
    Not planning for much cooking. Shallot sambar; Eriserri; one yogurt based curry either kalan or pineapple pachadi; one thoran; Mostly godambu payasam and ghee-parippu.

Gowri; it is so nice to see you back. Hope Aditi is doing well.
    Raj; Don't worry. Tomorrow you will be brimming with positive energy.

Chinnu is having bad cold. She is catching cold very frequently nowadays. I am praying it won't lead to ear-infection. Jay did a hair-cut for her. He cropped her hair very short. I am not liking her new look at all:)

Happy Tommorow
    -Nitha

7. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

hey gowri, how have you been... how is aditi coping here. I am sorry I did not take your call the other day, I usually spend the morning working in the garden and leave the cell in a dry place. I have been terrible about calling you back. Sorry about that. Hope you have had an easy time of acclimatising here. talk to you soon.

8. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Wishing all of you Happy Vishu & Happy Tamil New Year - Bisu. Ignatius is having a holiday today– Its Ambedkar Jayanti. The menu looks tempting, keeping all my taste buds open for the dishes here J
    Raj - Hugs. Just some months more, don’t worry everything will be fine. Then Hum Do are Humare Do – We two and our two J Sometimes things don’t happen the way we expect it to be, everyday is a new learning. Yesterday, we kept Lenora’s food in the cooker and the maid was busy on a call with her family and since I was in the kitchen just asked me to switch off the gas, instead of switching off, I put the gas on low flame didn’t realize the food was burnt by the time I turned the knob. Then I thought would serve tomato rice to DD, and the tomato rice was taking ages to cook, normal basmati taking so much time is surprising. So when things go wrong they just wrong, I just gave up, gave her a slice of brown bread nursed her and put her to sleep. Figs fudge was with mava and dried figs the crunchiness of figs was an additive. Yes the CO menace, one of the families ended up when they left the incense burning in an AC room. The food menu for the guests sounds good.
    Latha – Tomato rice, same pinch, I had a little curd and made a cabbage, onion and carrot raita. DH too arrives early from office and plays with Lenora, nice to see father daughter playing together na.
    Sindhu – Registrations done is a big relief must say.
    Gowri – How is Aditi?
    Tikka – How did the tests go? How is Kiran?
    Nitha – Poor chinnu, it must be the climate that is taking a toll. New hair cut was it a short summer hair cut. Don’t worry it will grow back again start the oil therapy. We are all set to shave off Lenora after her first birthday. The spanking link was informative.
    AD – P has behaved responsibly with the younger cousin J. Kids are at their best when they are under least pressure don’t you feel so? When there is less age gap kids grow together and adapt well, too much age difference between siblings is something which does not settle well with me. It still remains a personal choice, take your call.
    Anitha – Yay for Nilu picking up things so fast. I have even warned my maid about the same, even a small scratch here and there she is all set to pick up. Now they are in the imitating mood, we keep making the funny faces and Lenora does the same. It is fun to watch your mirror image J
    CC – How did your LO get the taste of Chicken Burger and fish soup? Incidentally a similar incident happened in our bldg, we did eat chicken and our Gujarati neighbor just by looking at me having it, wanted to taste it, so I offered it to her after much reluctance, now that girl has gone to several neighbours house and has had non-veg but refuses to confess at home. What I mean to say is that you can prevent them at home but in case they develop the taste they will definitely have it any way no matter what, may be your LO has developed the taste from outside.
    Girls yesterday we put Lenora behind the sofa and there is a passage where she can play, thought would keep her arrested for some time but DD started crying, worse was she was banging the back of her head against the wall. DD surprises me every day, I was startled at what she was doing, DH is showing me how is she doing this, I was clueless. I know if we do not give in she will do this only, so need to be careful.
    DD is giving a peek on the cheek these days, doing sommersalts and taking a few steps independently.
    Hi to Shanthi, Vidya, Ramya, Pon, Pooh, Anitha, other missed out too. Hope all are not too busy with the preparations.

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

okay my feelings right now i want a holiday very badly. today is awful weather. it's drizzling non-stop with cold winds. DS woke up late with a not so good tooth comfort so i had no choice but to keep him home. DD was sooo sleepy but refused to nap. just the time she started to dozz off the cleaning lady ran the bell:(

Lee you're so right that when one thing goes wrong you can't stop after that...

then i have 2 jumpy kids, beyond my control. i can imagine what a big headache it must have been for the poor cleaning lady. okay they're my kids but i don't like it when i'm not allowed to work in peace. usually when she arrives the little one is sleeping and the older one is in kindergarden. and now she's gone, put a screaming DD to bed and i just finished crying. why do the kids do this to us? why can't they stay quiet even for 1 hr? last night i started clearing few magazines that i collect. DH has been behind my back in a rather irritating way. i basically have to cut the pages that i want and throw the rest. we've a small wall mount magazine rack that must stay clean and not to be used for the purpose intended... the perils of married life:rant

so there i go cutting.. it was DS' bed time and he did go to sleep. i'm half-way through the project and DS walks in (his dad was doing the putting to bed chore), disrupts me. okay i give him something to cut and paste later. but in the morning i have a pile of cuttings and papers to clear. i think i have every right to get annoyed. i am never allowed to work in peace.. .why, why, why??? it's either the kids or their father after me wherever i am, whatever i am doing and then i'm told i'm not organised. oh god i'm going to cry again:(

10. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

oh latha
    that happens to me a lot of times,,just when i am doing something important or not keeping well,,and i just go madddd,,dh keeps telling that we will be getting anotice to vacate the apartment soon if i keep shouting this way:rant,,but then things just go out of my control ,i cant keep quiet and sane..
    sindhu,
    thanks for ur inputs,,for a minute i thought u were writing about vishal,,,ahhh he can live on fries and pizza,,thats the main reason i started baking pizzas at home(from scratch with atta base)..i will try bagels and starwberry syrup,,,today morning again the same tamasha of 1 hr drinking milk:crazy,,
    gowri,
    i am aarthi,,joined this gang recently,,,i have a 5 yr old ds,,hope u r settling down,,it must be really hard for LO getting used to the hot hot climate,isnt it?btw,,ur LO looks cute in the profile photo.

nitha,
    glad that u finalised an apt,,good luck with the move,
    raj,
    relax,,as such you are doing a great job,,as the other ladies have said,,its just a matter of time and soon you will find yourself comfortable and am sure riya is a smartie and she will get adjusted ..take care
    cc,
    i love sathu maavu kanjis too...my ds is ready to eat cheese and yougurt,,but the main lunch box is not even opened on some days,,anyways,,as they get more physical,i am sure their diet patterns will also change,,,hoping so.

so,,i woke up with a bad cold,,,my nose is blocked so much that i can hardly smell anything and have terrible body pain..managed to make vadai,payasam,pachadi,sambar,potato curry and salad....been cooking for nearly 2 hrs now,,,am so tired,,planning to take a quick nap..

catch u all later
    bye

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.