1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings -- Season 4

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

cc
    did u go thru this post by any chance.
    vegetarian parents..
    i explain ds that we dont eat meat and its just our way of living,,till now he hasnt asked any cross questions,(btw my ds has least intrest in anything related to food except for the junk stuff,,so he hardly cares as of now),,try telling her in a nice and simplw way without too many explanations,.she is not yet old enough to understand complex facts..

lee/cc/ad
    if i start my rants about ds's food habits,it is going to be a very longgggggggggg reply.first thing,,he hates milk and the reson he gives is that its white in colour:hide:,,if i try mixing something like bornvita/complan,,he takes around 1 /2 hr for a glass,,and that too invariably with some spilling or splashing..
    though we r strict veg'ns,i give eggs for vishal,,and he seem to like it if given in omlette form,,again a big no for boiled eggs..so i am now giving him eggs everyday..other than that,,no veggies except potatoes and carrot,,i have to give other veggies in mashed form or else it comes out stating"""kuppai""..:rant,,touchwood,he is ok with fruits,,
    cc,
    i give him lots of cheese and yogurt to compensate on this""no milk""thing..and his lunch boxes come intact,,i wonder what he does during snack time,,,i go mad thinking about lunch box ideas..
    i cant rant to my mil or mom as they may think i am going overboard,,but this hunger strike from ds,,is eating my brains...

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

bookmarked this page for later read:) i did have a thorough sleep last night but didn't wake up very fresh. looks like must start again on the iron supplements.

DH came in for lunch... something unusual on a week-day and i was giggling like a just married. made tomato rice and cucumber raita, again a change in my usual schedule since i always have left-overs from previous day's dinner for lunch. DD was sooo surprised to see him and was clinging onto papa and getting all his kisses with no brother to interrupt. i remembered how much i used to love coming home from school when i suddenly fell sick. watching mom do chores around home was kind of interesting for me... we always imagine what mom must be doing when we're away:)

DS had his last tooth filled. this one was rather heavily damaged and he needed an anaesthetic shot. his legs were shaking and he was trying to push away the dentist's hands at work... poor thing he didn't make a single noise though. she was really surprised and gave him a small car as gift. she has warned that he might get pain tonight or tomorrow. hoping we'll make it to the swim lessons without much issues.

i'm so ready to take a nap now but too late:( will make a simple dhal and potato curry and hit the sac.

all take care will return to reply later...

3. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

lee,
    i love porridges and i have tried giving even flavoured ones but my ds is too tough to handle,,if its a no then its a strict no,he wont take even a sip,,anyways,,i just hope he grows out of this and eats well soon..
    i love orange marmalade as well,,the thin cut ones r great with toast..
    and i am no baking quee,,am just a novice with lots of intrest in it..:)
    AD,
    though vishals weight is normal,it all comes from the junk he eats(though i have limited buying anything thats unhealthy),,he used to be a sweetheart till about 3 years,,this no milk and no veggie slogan started only afterwards..

nitha
    happy vishu..i couldnt stop laughing over the basement/first floor thing..

i am planning to make vadai,payasam,mango pachadi and neemflower pachadi tomm for tamil new year(btw i heard pongal is now considered as the tamil new year and tomm is chitthirai thirunaal:rotfl)..whatever,,we will have some good food..

happy tamil new year wishes to evryone..
    lov
    aarthi

4. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the vishu wishes.
    This year vishu is on 15th April. Since J is WFH; I will have to cook better;). Made a big list of veggies to be brought:)
    -Nitha

5. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Happy Tamil New Years day to everyone who celebrate! We celebrate Vishu on Thursday.

Nitha, what Vishu plans? Making full Sadya? I am planning to. Must take off at least the morning if not the whole day. Need to go to the indian store and buy the flowers fruits and veggies.

Aarthi, my 4.5 year old is also very very picky, so welcome to the gang. He always used to be a picky eater, so nothing new there. He will eat only a few veggies (carrots, broccoli, green peas, corn, beans) and if he touches the others will recoil as though given electric shock! (Eg: he does not like spinach, but I kept insisting him to try it and he absent mindedly did, only to discover it and spat out the whole thing!) Loves all kinds of junk food and sweets too. Can live for days on fries and pizza if I let him. Thankfully he eats cereals or bagel for breakfast. Lunch some days he eats well, other days I think he just eats fruit and milk at school. He hates plain milk and will drink if mixed with strawberry syrup, chocolate syrup or ovaltine. The few veggies that he does eat, I make them in different combos sometimes mixing two or three veggies together, putting them in noodles, even adai and dosai etc. Keep trying. I endlessly lecture about how good vegetables are sometimes I myself feel sorry for him for having to listen to all the bhaashan. Any big boy or big girl that he admires, I immediately pounce on it and say that veggies and fruits were the reason how they became big. One day he is going to call me out on all these, but until then...

CC, in the toddlers/schoolgoers section there was Latha's post on vegetarian kids - have you checked that out.

Anitha, yay to Nilu! Yes, we really have to watch what we say and do, they just soak up everything so quickly.

Lyn, happy birthday planning. Good idea to outsource everything to DH.

AD, sending you vibes for convincing hubby re: baby.

Sharadha, there was a post in toddler section on what to take for vacation started by Vinu4Me I think. Check it out.

Finally finished P's kindergarten registration today. I had initially planned for DH to drop the kids and go do the registration by myself but he had an early morning executive meeting that he had to make and V's babysitter had an appointment in the morning as well. So I was there with the two kids. Thankfully V did not do bad and didn't scream the school down or anything as I feared. Now we wait for the AM or PM session assignment.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  6. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear all...

Thanking you all for giving a warm welcome...:)

Wishes to all for Tamil New Year and Vishu. Have a great day (year) ahead.

Hope you all are doing fine and keeping in good health. I have to follow many pages to get updates about you all.

Take care mommies... lots of love

7. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Hello everyone, having another busy morning today. Riya is at MDO, and I had my regular Dental check up and cleaning, picked up dog food since we were running low, and picked up Riya's allergy medication. So tired already. It's my turn to make dinner tonight for the friend who just had a baby girl - the family has some allergy issues so keeping it simple - baked chicken, wild rice and steamed broccoli. Have to make dinner for us - thinking of making a simple dal, just like you Latha, and stuffed zucchini. I don't know if I'll get a nap out of all this.

The cleaning crew is coming tomorrow - so thankful for blessings such as these.

and now to you all... :)

AD/CC, I hope you guys find a common ground with your spouses on when or if to have another baby. I personally think siblings are very, very important. I sometimes notice now that Riya gets bored by her own, there's no one to challenge her, play with her at home. Everything is hers so the toys, books everything loses its charm after a while. I, like AD's husband and CC was not sure if I wanted another one at all (Brian wanted another one), but now I am glad, even with all the pregnancy complications, shots and high risks - I went for it.

Riya is doing fine, AD. We haven't changed her schedule with our moving yet so she hasn't seen much difference. We still do our morning routine of getting out of the house and doing stuff, nap times are as usual, evenings are as usual. Now things may change a bit for her once the packers come.

Lyn, fig fudge?? Can't even imagine how it would taste. I like trying out different things. Travel-friendly slow cookers have latches on their covers so you can cook at home, unplug it and put it in your car and take it to the potluck or party - no spilling, no mess. I understand how it is with planning - Brian is the last minute guy and I am a planner, so I end up doing most things (that I can manage) on my own, and then get on his case with email reminders, text messages etc. to finish the part he needs to do. :)

I am also looking for some tandoori recipes to try out on our grill. Coal and gas grill shouldn't be kept indoors, Lyn, even if you have a chimney - there's always a risk of CO poisoning.

CC, we were just talking yesterday about how to explain Riya why I don't eat meat. Brian and Riya do, and yesterday during dinner she asked me to eat some hot dogs that Brian grilled. I have no idea how we're going to explain. The park visit was fantastic. There were 5 kids under the age of 2 and 4 of us moms. The kids had a great time.

Latha, I bet it was good to have hubby home for lunch. I would LOVE to have Brian come home for lunch every now and then. Maybe in CA since the school he'll be going to is close to the housing area. I am glad you had a good time, and little A got one on one time with her daddy.

Sharadha, good luck with your traveling.

Anitha, glad you got away with cooking for a few days. I love to cook but I don't mind breaks now and then either.

Nitha, so what finally happened with your housing issue? Did you end up getting the basement? That was very funny, and confusing.

Hello to everyone else I missed talking to. Have a blessed day/restful night.

Raj

8. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Oh, and Putthandu Vaazhthugal. :) (I hope that's how you say it in Tamil).

Raj

9. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Really happy to see Latha, Sindhu online.....now.

HOw are you both ?

Latha.... How are the kutties ?? HOw is you health now.

Sindhu... How is P and V ? Have a great time ....cooking sadya ! :)))

10. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi ,

aarthi,
    thanks for the links. Tht was really usefull info. I too grow up on sathu maavu kanji esp on days when am late or not having proper sit down breakfast. its still my favourites. these kids literally tire us out before they finish eating. Snck box ideas and tehy coming back is something i rather not rant about as there ll be no end to it. bananas ,cheese strawberies, cookies , yoghurt flavoured and plain all come back . iam clueless how to change it. apples are the only thing she tries to finish. adn mango juice tht has lots of sugar which i dont buy . but my hubby sneaks in some when am not looking and she loves it.

Sindhu,

I read tht post by latha through aarthis link. thanks. Cooking sadhya? am drooling girl. Y are u not living close by so I can invite myself in for a feast like that? Share the pics atleast. taht was funny to read how u feel sorry about P ahving to listen to ur bhaashans about goodness of veggies. I do that too and i think alraedy A has learned to tune that part out. she would go on as if she dint hear it.

Gowri, welcome back. got settled down ?

raj,

Thanks for the wishes. Iam trying not to push him. but i am not for baby over 30. so i ve another two yaers to wait n push him gently . Good u r taking riya outdoors everyday. I too wish I could btu weather here limits our outdoor activities. And u got it right in saying it in tamil. I dont want to embarass u by praising u but helping a friend at this stage where u cud use some help in my opinion is something too good. U r so caring and helping. God ll be with u for all the joy u give others he ll give u back in multiple folds.

latha,
    Enjoy the simple pleasures. Dh coming home for lunch is something taht sure amkes ur happy. did u blush like puthu ponnu while serving him? so what r u planning for the menu?

Nitha,

I ll go through the link u sent. Much needed for me at this hour where she is pushing my limits.

Hi to all others i missed .

Regards,
    CC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.