1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings -- Season 4

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

hi ladies,
    hope everyones weekend was good...
    latha,
    lots and lots of hugs to you....see,just becoz we are housewives,,that doesnt mean we are worthless in any way, dont let that feeling rule you,,,,being a post graduate myself,i have faced similar situations n number of times,,but as raj says i always feel that being a homamaker is no ordinary job either,,we are doing a great job as such,,,
    regarding your mood swings,,LAVENDER OIL is supposed to work wonders ,,, any essential oil for that reason...i sincerely feel that most of our problems are caused by our so called ""thinking,""sometimes it becomes way too much to handle,,i am one such person who thinks toooooooooo many things at a time and spoils the present ,,,i know that the reason for my mood swings is my "'hyperthinking"',but still i am unable to change myself ..:bonkworking hard on that
    raj,

three cheers to ur hubby,,i always believe that what we do,,comes back to us,,,that way you are earning the blessings of so many people out there,,,keep it going..
    pooh,
    ur apartment complex looks great,,,am sure zoey will make lotsa friends there...
    cc
    thanks for the comments,,now to make you drool more...i made MANGO CUPCAKES today taken from the blogspace HOLYCOW,,it turned out great,,and we had with tea...

as per plan,i took ds to the movie,,,he seemed to enjoy th cozy seating and the theatre atmosphere(this is his first movie in a theatre)more than the movie,,,but anyways,,i had a good time watching the movie,,,i dont even remember when i saw a movie last in a theatre,,

v/cc
    we didnt go to the gettogether today:hide:,,,when we looked at the invite we were a bit unsure about the venue and then googled it today,,it seemed to be very far from our place and the function is in the evening and goes on till 9 ,,so we dropped our plan taking into concern ds school tomm,,its reopening after easter holidays and i dont want him to bunk the very first day...

bye bye to everyone..

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  2. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Tikka, hugs to you too, but glad that your mom likes the doctor and that you have peace atleast somewhere in your life right now. Why this sudden outburst and accusations? Is it due to your parents' health concerns?

Poonam, so many times we worry about how the baby will take with any change and they do fine! We travel a lot with Riya, flights and road trips and she manages to surprise me all the time. Kudos to Zoey for being such a good traveler! The view is really good! You may realize it already, but do know that if you post a link of your photos anyone can see all your photos, even visitors on this forum - it's a big deal for me especially when it comes to photos of Riya, so just wanted to pass on a word of caution.

Latha, I will have to agree with your hubby here. Buying a pink bicycle for a boy...hhmmm... I don't know, I may not give in to that either. I don't know why but I don't mind Riya using any colors - even blue, but I do have some reservations when it comes to boys using pink, especially like their own bicycles or clothes. And you know how we discussed colors here and their effects on our lives - pink is a color of femininity, and some of you may not agree with me and that's fine, but it's just that pink doesn't go with boys.

I do have a quick question for you Latha, how do I search in google for cooking blogs? It never returns any blogs when I search for a recipe.

I do agree with Aarthi, lavender is a good oil for calming the nerves.

Hello to everyone. It's a gorgeous Sunday here, and Brian's off on his weekly motorcycle ride, and here I am enjoying the quiet at home, and debating when I should take a nap or cook dinner... hmmmm.... maybe I'll work on my packing/moving to-do list.

Raj

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Pooh,

that does look like a nice place. glad that you found in one try:) are there mixed type of families there?

aarthi,

well i'm most of the time confused if what is happening is real or if i'm only imagining:( that has happened with my post-mortem of in-laws' issues. i suppose i become so numb that i start believing that probably nothing happened...

there are always issues that happens between a normal couple, in us too. only that DH must understand that i too have stressful, bad days like him. i try to make him see that but when i myself am down due to whatever reasons i become a bit aggressive.

Tikka,

should I be feeling glad that i'm not alone:( hugs to you... i know how you feel. see it's not like my man wants me to work, have a career.. you know not the money part and all. when i tell him, for example, okay i must think about this course, he says quite nastily 'i told you to do something earlier.. find a baby sitter, put her in a day care but you always have time for baking, browsing'. how do I tell him i have a husband who has a busy work schedule, his official trips are always planned kind of last moment? i never told him 'oh i regret having spent so many years having 2 kids, taking care of them blah blah' i'm only thinking loud and i do not expect such a reaction. no wonder i fume with jealousy when he is able to appreciate/console his sis and not me! and here i must say i clearly do not compare:) i know of many friends who did pretty demanding post-grads/b-schools with a toddler. all that because their husbands too compromised a lot.

several examples... he's pretty uncomfortable when i call friends/family on week-ends so that i can speak in peace. he says i've time on week-days. but i must engage the kids when he's talking with family. i find this completely unfair. i'll stop here.. stirring up pot doesn't help:(

DS isn't quite completely alright. he had a melt down this evening too. i started to cry and simply let him scream and speak lot of nasty things... oh the usual ones... amma is bad, she must be sent to police etc.,etc., it does hurt when i'm unable to calm him down. i was so close to spanking him. sometimes it seems like he's so unhappy in this home. i've tried many things... when he's in a lousy mood i take him out and he's rarely out of that mood. then i think okay i can handle this tantrum better at home rather than making a scene outside. today i thought whatever he's fighting he must do it himself now. when i am calm, i realise, i'm less agitated but his tantrum is nevertheless the same. we've a parents-teachers meet this month. i'll ask his teacher how to handle this phase. till then suffer:(

i sincerely hope the week is a beautiful one. the weather is supposed to suck but well when even my own blood isn't under control nothing else matters:(

in any case, Tikka i'm glad the other issues are going well for you. take care...

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Raj,

i google 'recipes from blogs' it works most of the times:) i've a 500ml pot of flavoured yogurt that expired y'day:( too bad it was behind the tomato sauce bottle and i noticed it only this evening. any cake/muffin recipe where i can use it up? or can i replace it for yogurt in any recipe?

thanks for the honest opinion. i'll first go myself to the cycle shop during the week and try to impress him with some other colour. my boy is so.. you say no to something and he'll make sure he has only that:((

i've lighted a lavender oil candle. hope it makes me a calmer person by tomorrow morning:)

5. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

latha,

i forgot to write about the colours issue...even though i prefer any colour for ds,,but i was a bit unsure how his friends would look into this,,,i dont want him to be subjected to any kind of teasing just becoz he owns a pink colour cycle or whatever ... i have noted few incidents where inappropriate colours (boys using pink or girls using blue)have caused such issues amongst kids,..i go for neutral colours like red or dark green if ds says he is bored with blue..

6. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Tikka, nice that things are working out for your mom. Hopefully you find peace on the domestic front soon as well.

Aarthi, mango cupcakes sounds yum,

Raj, I search for blogs here: Google Blog Search On the left hand side you have options to restrict search by dates etc.

Latha, I also agree with your husband and would get something other than pink or purple. Why subject him to unnecessary teasing?

Will write more later, busy weekend with chores, temple visit and other stuff. Yesterday was a bit chilly but today is nicer. Now that weather is improved we are making it a point to take P to playground or biking for some vigorous physical activity every day. He is getting good on the bike too. Also trying to finish up all the paperwork for his kindergarten registration next week.

7. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Aarthi - It is not just you. I am a victim of 'hyperthinking' .... and probabaly less doing. Every morning I wake up with a lot of thoughts and I calm myself down sorting which ones are worthy of my time, which ones are priorty etc. Infact, today morning I just realised that I need to do 3 things - office, kid's sipper habit and an appointment with the bank .... wow they are so simple and I am so relaxed now.

Raj - How do u use Lavender oil? And you are doing a great job in planning to shift. I used to hate the slightest travel when I was preggy ...

Latha - Yes .. you will be calmer by evening ... it is just that you have to work it out with DH. I used to have the same problem with mine, I kind of hate it when he used to go to the gym on weekends just bcause I had to be amidst 10 other people when the only time we both get to be at home is on weekends... so I have worked it out that I will do what I like when he is away at the gym and when he comes back ... he better come back with a mood to handle me and the baby. And more than anything ..as long as you do not regret the years spend with kids, just don't bother. There are so many moms out there you are unhappy with not being able to spend time with the kiddos ....just chill chill just chill...

Tikka - Good that things are working for mom and K. Wishing you luck there. Hey, atleast in your case, you can do work from home right? I thought you already are ... so just concentrate on that. And once K is into his school, you can plan work time better ..hardly a matter of 1-2 months ...just hang in there. And reg. accusations, we keep getting it always... like yesterday, I was accused of not learning to drive a car ... it just happens. Only advice here that i have learnt over years - think about it and don't care... If you really think you have to do something, you will do it ...u will find a way.

Shanthi - How are things with you? And your health?

Pooh - Wow ..the view looks amazing. So I have a place to drop in when I come to Hyd next. Kisses to Zoe for being a sweetie !! They surprise us always ...don't they?

CC - Bad about the picnic ...but what, you had a nice day, thats more important ..what say? How old id A?

Sindu, Sunitha, Poornima, MR, Aarthi, Aishu, Vidya, Pon, Anitha - Have a great week.

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

good morning ladies. looks like i talk a bit too much here:) where are the others?

i do feel fresh and refreshed today. Ramya - that sure a nice way to pin down to what is important and more than that what is possible at all in a day. i get lavender oil that i use in a dispenser. also i bought a wonderful candle last week that's mild and made with vegetable wax (whatever that is!). actually lavender oil spray (we get it diluted and in spray here) is supposed to ward off flies and even silver fish. well it does work for us. on the other hand indian flies are smarter:)

sindhu - thanks for showing the blog search link. i didn't know one such thing existed. the weather is getting lousy here. right now it's wet and cold outside.

DS is still sleeping. looks like we'll go to school late (on 'special' occasions we can drop them off at 11). DH called this morning and tried to 'discuss' y'day's issues. i've told him that'll wait till week-end. i want to handle this week afresh.

9. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear all,

Missed a lot this thread and all my friends here. Got net connection yesterday evening. Good to be back...but will be On and Off, as we are going to shift to another quarters this weekend.

We are fine and still in the process of settling down. Aditi is adjusting very well, but she is sweating a lot. Otherwise, she is fine and her eating and sleeping patterns are pretty much same.

Ok mommies.... will be back after a while. Need to do lots of packing.... :((

10. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Latha hugs... I just see it is so common in men...
    and i agree with Raj regarding the pink color not going well with boys...

Girls, Shibu is not doing good and down with a fever.. she didnt allow me to office today..she just wants to be on my lap the whole day.. poor baby ..:(

Hope all the kids are doing good..and the mommies too...

hey tomorrow is my birthday and just thinking what will J present me ? he bought me a wonderful no-jari silk saree in a shop at alwarpet over the weekend.. nice blue color.. :))

Ok will catch you all later sometime

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.