Favorite hanuman pooja

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by ganaka, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ganaka

ganaka New IL'ite

Jai Ganesha

HI

When I look back I think this was the first pooja that I started in my life. My uncle and his family are huge devotees of hanumanji and they follow this daily.

Items required: Hanumanji photo and idol, honey, banana, and kesri powder.

having done your sankalpa, and praying lord ganesha, keep banana as navideyam.

First take hanumanji idol, cleanse it with water. Then start chanting hanuman chalisa, for each verse sprinkle honey on hanumanji, until the last verse. Cleanse the idol again, then chant rama tarka stotram with tulasi leaves, i.e. one sholka with one tulasi leave offered to hanumanji.

Take little kesari power and apply it to hanumanji's tail on the photo ( mix the powder with sesame oil) so that it sticks to the photograph.

Perform the final arathi, then take the navideyam i.e., banana mix it with the honey( used for abhiskem) and consume it.

Chanting of hanuman chalisa - chant once on the first day, twice on the second, thrice on third, so on. The usual sankalp is for 48 days or 108 days, but it soley depends on you.

And please don't consume 'non-veg' during the pooja, undoubtedly the pooja may sound simple, but it has dynamic results when done with a devoted mind.

When my sister was born, she could not walk at the right stage, my mom and grandmother did this pooja for some time, and my sister started walking even before the completion of the pooja.

My uncle whom i mentioned earlier almost stopped his medical studies because he was afraid of blood and skulls, when he started the pooja within few days he got over his fear, which he tries to show off today.

Jai Sri Ram.

2. gilisk

gilisk New IL'ite

Hi,
    Thank u for sharing the procedure of Hanuman pooja...

Warm regards,
    Geethanjali

3. kokila19

kokila19 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ganaka,
    Thanks .. I chant Hanuman chalisa on Saturdays, When I was in India, I used to go to Hanuman temple and light a lamp. When ever I go to temple, my mind is so peaceful and relaxed.

Jai Hanuman..

4. epics

epics Senior IL'ite

i can't get tulasi leaves here... what should i do? any suggestions..

5. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

What is kesri powder?