Where will you put your money?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by shakambari, Dec 29, 2009.

1. tinker

tinker New IL'ite

2. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I will split my savings into three buckets Short-term,Medium-term&Long-term.As of now,iam investing in Bank FD/RDs for short-term
    NSC/PPF/Gold coins for medium-term
    Insurance policies/Pension funds/Kisan vikas patra for Long-term

i will try to invest in MF/Shares/Real estate in future...

3. angelrobert

angelrobert New IL'ite

hello,
    I would save it as bank RD.
    Angel.R:)

4. Thejaswib

Thejaswib New IL'ite

Hi All,

I'll agree with u all and at the same time i want to share my ideas with u all.

If we invest as a small investor we will like to invest in a few no. of shares, and from this we may gain or loose. But, now in market there are plans, where they invest in different shares(following the experts views) then the probability of loosing will b less and that too they will invest as a huge amount in different shares. Here if they loose in onething they can gain in other.But there won't b losses in full. Even in the loss situation also they will b giving the interest rates similar to other FD,PPF,Simple interest,etc.

And onething all this comes with an minimum insurance component, so that even if anything go wrong also our dependents will be safe upto some extent(only the economy upto some % of that family can be balanced). After maturity tax will not be deducted from this b'coz of insurance component.

But in mutual funds there will be tax cutting in the maturity amount.

Iam happy to share my views with you all.Please contact me through private messages.

Teja

Admin Note: You can exchange contact information only through private messages. Private message subscription is just $10/year. Each private message subscription comes with a free gift subscription, which you can give to the other person and you both can contact each other instantly. More Details.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2010
  5. vinithasrikari

vinithasrikari New IL'ite

Hi Shakambari
    please can you tell me where do you buy a 10gm gold coin ? i'm willing to buy the gold coins but i don't know where to buy i live in jacksonville, FL ,

6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Vinitha

You can buy gold coins from any Indian jewellery stores ....best possible thing to do is....go to the store and buy it then and there...rather than the online stores (recently we have heard about some fraud when we order gold coins online)

Few of my friends ordered gold coin from this site...shahji.com

There are also other stores in NJ/NY might be check with your friends and family around those cities...

7. Ballereena

Ballereena Bronze IL'ite

Very nice thread with lots of info.

Is this a good time to buy gold since the price is so high?

If anyone has more info about investing in bond funds or EFT's please share them.

Thanks

8. shiri210

shiri210 New IL'ite

hi guys , interesting thread . i learned so much about investment . we r also planning to invest some money .this is very useful thread. thanks for sharing your ideas everyone .