1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddy

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Nov 2, 2008.

1. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Alpa,

I am stuck in Office Audit this week. Leaving very early and returing around 8ish in the evening. Its quite hectic in office this week, so I am not getting time to do exercise in the morning and when I come in the evening, I want something to relax and hence have chosen walking for next 2 weeks. I am very particular not to have outside food, so I am managing to cook and pack my box :) Hope the walking regime is fine, I wil resume elliptical from 9-April

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Radha,

its ok if you cannot go for your exercise, since you are doing a sitting job i would suggest that avoid oily foods as there is no exercising going on and have a banana for a mid evening snack it will curb your hunger also an apple is good.
    you take it easy my dear

love
    alpa:cheers

3. bharti

bharti Silver IL'ite

hey everyone.....

nice to see everyone moving and sticking to a good diet..... i ahve been quite busy offlately and havent really able to note down all i m eating..... but i am more or less sticking to my diet...... there are times i am required to go out and eat stuff..... most of the time i still try to eat little and do good... some other times i do land up eating bad stuff..... but not more than once a week..... so still in acceptable limits!!!!

the best part is i have lost 2 kgs in the past 2 weeks..... feels jsut to very great after for more than 20 days there was no change at all and then suddenly i lost it..... i think the efforts of all these days paid eventually..... also more so after i was done with my periods...... having said that.... i know its still a long time before i can reach my target (and alpha to answer you question u had once put... my height is just 5 feet and the ideal weight for me is in the range of 43-50... i want to reach 45 (tracker only allows to put 46 and above)

thanks everyone for the motivation and alpha dear..... needless to say... u are just the best.... will try to be regular in posting my diet... m jsut not able to keep a completely track offlately.... but i will start that off soon.....

all the best everyone in your weight loss journey!!!!:thumbsup

4. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Bharti,

congrats on your weight loss, continue with the diet and you shall see results and try to maintain it as well.
    Well for your height 5feet i would suggest that you make your ideal weight 48 to 47kg, 45 is under weight.

hoping to see you more often here
    love

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

please visit this thread it has amazing information about healthy foods and most it we are having it, i would suggest that you print out a copy and keep it somewhere, whereby you can see it daily
    21 healthy foods to weight reduction
    love
    alpa

6. anees

anees Silver IL'ite

Hi Alpa,
    Thanks for your valuable suggestions. I know I was a bad girl during weekend, had to go out with friends so couldnt plan my dinner. I will reduce the rice from hereafter. Dont be apologetic, my friend, you are doing a great job and be proud of it!

Today I checked my weight I lost 1.5 lb(0.68 kg). Happy to see the scale moving down. Thanks for your support.

Anees

7. anees

anees Silver IL'ite

diet for 03/29/10

Today I had low calorie food to compensate for the weekend splurge.
    Morning: cinnamon tea
    BF: 1 apple and 1/2 grapefruit with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1 black coffee

Lunch : boiled vegetables with 1/2 cup moong dal

Snack : 1 orange and 1/2 banana and 1/2 cup skim milk and handful of peanuts.

Dinner : veg soup with 1 tbsp oats , 1 piece of chicken and cinnamon tea

water : 3 litres
    exercise: 30 min circuit traing and 10 min weight training
    Anees.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  8. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anees,

congrats on losing 1.5kg, its great, its ok to spoil ourselves over the weekend but eat in moderation, eat everything and enjoy yourself eat in moderation but during the week you know what to do.
    So congrats dear and keep it up.

love

9. aniajay

aniajay Senior IL'ite

Hi ALpa,

Thanks for the link..:)

And about Burgul: You can prepare it just like how u cook rice..thers 2types one is ordinary type which just looks like cracked wheat and the other one is brown..you can soak it for some time and boil it for 15mins in enough water and leave it for another 10mins..so that its soft and can be had with any kind of indian curry..you can also cook it directly using cooker..just do trial and error method and see what consistency you need to have it..

My diet 30/03/10:

7am: warm water
    730am: green tea
    9am: 2slice of wholemeal and hummus
    10am: apple
    1 30pm: burgul/sambar/veg salad
    5pm: 30mins workout
    8 30: 1 slice bread/curry/watermelon 1 small cup

Happy dieting
    ani:)

10. chitraraaj

chitraraaj Senior IL'ite