1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings -- Season 4

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Heelooo all;
    I am very very happy since yesterday. I don't know the reason of this extreme emotional U-turn; I can't control smiling all the time. Ohh.. god I am turning crazy:))
    Jay got this compliment yesterday from a top executive for managing this crisis project .."You are great; if you were a girl I wouldve kissed you":))) I told Jay it is a "coloured comment" and could sue for sexual harrassment for a million bucks. Get money buy a beach house in Jamaica and settle there;)))
    Weather is getting better. Our gym re-opened and now it is free for all the apt. residents.
    I am so enjoying the Chinnu time. She does something new all the time. Yesterday I dressed her in mini-shorts.She was totally shocked; as all these days she was wearing PJ's Pants or stocking. She was pulling her shorts down to cover her knees; saying "amma; pant pant":))) Then she checked herselves in mirror and guess she was happy seeing her shorts avatar:))
    Nowadays she is trying to read me books:)) She takes her books; points to the picture and say what is happening. Eg: a story of dora helping to find some friend of a bird. She looks the pic says; "dora monkey "Tata"" Bord(for bird) Shun (sun) etc etc. It will not have any bearing to story.whatever she sees in the pic she tries to tell me;))Role reversal. How I enjoy it. Waiting for it to happen in my kitchen too:))
    -Nitha

2. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Latha/ASha; It is quite natural that the elder kids feel a little left out after the younger ones come to picture. It will take some years; after that it will pass away; or as in my case the elder kids accepts the fact:))

Latha; Nice that you are trying to have one-one time with DS. Once the weather gets better; maybe you can leave your DD with DH for sometime and make small trips to shops/ picnic spots with just Anish. That way he will get secure and get over with such feelings.
    Lynette; a make-up doubt on your way:) Which is good for normal skin; Liquid foundation or Loose powder foundation? I presently use/ rather have compressed powder and I do not like it very much. Glad about your MIL. Ohh yeah I swear by fish oil:)) Though most of the days I forget to take it. Have a great time with your cutie-pie.
    Aishu/Asha; we have given Prevar and rota virus shots for chinnu. It is mandatory here. But doens't insurance take care of it. Ours is totally taken care of insurance.
    Asha; all the best for the cook.
    Raj; Do let me know how you managed to shift? I will need your suggns. Have a great time with FIL.
    Anitha; Very smart of NIlu:))) It was very nice talking with you. And yes; don't worry about the lost opportunity (Look who is speaking:))
    Vanathi; Chapati for butterfly:))) Very cute. Yeah; we do get a few laughs from their vocab. But they improvise on their own. Chinnu used to say "Than tha" for Thank you. Now she she is saying"Than you". Its fun. I never thought I would enjoy her toddler stage this much. I am so loving it. Ohh ho earning money for mommy:)) So adorable.
    Ad; Very happy for your DS. Yes; these decision has to be made by you guys without anyone else interference. Good for you:))
    Pon; Get well soon.
    Shanthi; hope your legs are feeling better. Very happy that Charu got her record ook back. Where did she get it?
    Sindhu; Yay for V. Isn't it great!!!. Chinnu doesn't know to get down. Actually I have never tried her to teach it:)
    Radhee; Very nice of Ben;) I am coming back to chennai. Nungambakkm to start with; them planning to move to kelambakkam; if the builders finishes the work;else madipakkam.
    MR; V loves to fold clothes:))Thats so nice. Yep I heard about gap thing. I am planning to get a crop denim. None of my jeans are perfect fit. I am size 7; and no one manufactue it;) Tring hard to lose one size down to six before summer.
    Gowri; safe journey and happy transition for Aditi.
    K; I did a GI based diet after chinnu was born. South beach diet. NOw;I am planning to go on alkaline based diet. I self-diagonised and understood that there is too much acid in my body. I have a dripping nose issue. The doc said it is because of allergy and gave me a lot of vitamin capsule and nasal spray. It didn't go. So I googled and found this yesterday. Google is a blessing:)) Ohh..do let me know the LPO thing.
    In the peak of my desperation;( after seeing my resume some days back) I sent it to a 3 law firms in chennai w/o telling I was in US. Well; the resume wasn't as bad as I thought. All came back the same day. Then I replied I am presently out of chennai:) One gave me a solid offer to join their firm after coming back. Adv. is that it is in Sterling road; Nungambakkam. Dis-ad ; the payment is less:))
    One of our distant cousins did home-schooling; and when she went to college she couldn't manage it. She came back and did Company secretary ship and is now holding a totally envious position.
    Raj; speaking about sex offenders. Once when I was going for a walk around our apt; I saw a persons lurking behind trees; watching a few kids (around 4-6 years) playing. It got me tensed; I walked around the apt two times. He was in the same place; hiding behind trees. I couldn't hold myselves; I told it to a group of men who was walking. When he saw them walking around; he speeded off. The way he was looking at the kids; still gives me shivers.

Have a nice day
    -Nitha

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  4. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your wishes to all my dearmost friends...

In another hour or so... Net will be off. Just came here to say you all... Bye !

Unfortunately.... without reason Aditi is sneezing and coughing from yesterday night. Her Ped. told...No to Cough suppressants. There is no fever, she is active and drinking milk. I am bit disturbed.

Still... hoping for the best. Thanks once again for your wishes...

With love. Hope to meet you all ...some time soon.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  5. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Hi MR...Nice to know your stand on TV. Its usually difficult when the kids are used to it, but your kids seem to be adjusting well. Here at home, we are following the "no-TV-until-2," so far so good. But it took a while to convince ILs as they were so used to watching TV 80% of the time.

Wish you a smooth journey...Hope kiddo settles well.

Asha...as i said earlier, thats the only time i get for myself...late at night...DS sleeps very late these days...its going to be 12 midnight now and he is awake and playing...My efforts to put him to sleep are in vain...i still have some of my work pending, to be completed after he sleeps.

Same here...I have never cooked before marriage and even after marriage (thanks to mom and MIL), mainly because of work. If at all I had cooked, it wouldn't have been for more than 3 days in a row. Its only now that I am cooking daily for the past 1 month since MIL is out of town. It seemed like a herculean task initially, but now I am okay...I think I will continue to cook even after MIL comes, so that I don't forget cooking.

Have a great time Vanathi!

I know how it feels asha, but take heart, she loves you...I think it is just that she is feeling bad because your attention is being divided between her brother and her.

Thats good..When are you planning to return? So sweet of chinnu with her sweet words...Ben is also into a lot of talking these days...Each day, he says something new...Lately, "antin" for aunty and "ameen" for money...ha ha ha...They say that kids have a vocabulary explosion around 18 months...Toddlerhood is a joy to watch, isn't it?

Raj - How did your "take it easy" plan go today? Hope you do take things easy and not bother so much about chores around the house, unless they are necessary...I can still remember pregnancy to be an energy-draining affair, and when you have an older kid, it should be even more difficult. I missed the details in the beginning, which trimester are you in now?

Latha - hope you have recovered well...Yes, do keep off from elaborate cooking until you are completely well...

Take care ladies...good night.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  6. moonriver

moonriver Junior IL'ite

Nitha, that's quite a drama by your apt. Right out of Law & Order.

I hear you on the jeans sizes. I'm always between sizes and always in search for the perfect fit. The manufacturers keep changing the sizes, which makes it worse.

And I think the happy mood could come from the weather change. Friday and Saturday was simply awesome with all the sun, but it started getting cloudy and raining from Sunday. Even then, it only reminds me of the song 'Singing in the rain' and I start singing. :)

Gowri, safe travels. Hope to see you back here once you get to Chennai. Hope Aditi feels better soon.

Vanathi, have a great time at the function.

N goes through phases of who he wants, appa or amma. V has always been a appa fan. N was easy when V came along and never asked for attention. But over the last year, he has become very competitive. Always wanting to be the first and be the leader for his younger brother. I'm with you all on the patience part. Ore konjals, illatti ore sandai. It's like they can't find a middle path.

DH is going to be out, but it's not one long trip like last time. There are going to be a couple of breaks.

Latha, internet is far more addicting. Asha, I can catch up on most TV stuff on the internet. There's a free, but legit. website (Hulu) that streams a lot of the shows a day after they're on TV. The shows are available for sometime. Between that site and Youtube, I'm happy. There are plans to make Hulu pay-based. I don't know what I'll do when that happens.

7. Vinu4me

Vinu4me Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Latha - I hope that you are feeling better now. You are a really good mom and the way you handle your kids inspires me.

Tikka - Nice that K liked his veggies. There are times when Vinu too just wants the veggies or the egg/fish. no rice. If i give them together its a no. Then, I have to show that the vege is there along with the rice and then she will have it :)... am not complaining.. as long as my LO is demanding for veges :)

Arthi - I am sure you will find a good school for Priyan. I think I missed reading the post about which schools you are thinking of. Where are you trying for admission? Where do you stay?

Anybody, tried A school? How are they? Some of DH's colleagues have put their kids there, and say it is good. But, they are not sureabout the future classes as right now they operate from houses converted to schools and need campuses for the higher classes. They are apparently yet to get the space for these campuses. Any of you all tried them?

Ladies - yesterday I chatted with Anitha over the phone for quite some time. Anitha, it was really ncie speaking to you. I have decided to call up everyone of you sometime or the other and chat up. It really makes me feel good :)

There is a park near my place and I take Vinu there every evening. It's almost become like a routine for us. She enjoys the swing, the merry-go-rounds and what not. Yesterday, a 1 yr old girl fell off the merry go round. I was so annoyed with her mom. Happily left the kid in the merry-go-round and walked out of the park and comes back after 10 mins and the kid falls down just then. Thankfully there was a lot of sand and she did not hurt herself. She just got scared about the fall. I can't imagine leaving a kid unattended in a public place like a park. Anyways, I think there are all kinds of people around.

8. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Asha, she does talk a lot. Her dad says it's a genetic trait she inherited from both her grandmothers and her mom. :) She likes to tell her dad everything. During dinner time, we all make it a point to ask each other how their day went and share what we did. So she always ask us, "so mommy how was your day?", and "so daddy how was your day?" and listens attentively whether she understands it or not.

Tikka feel your pain there. I dread getting out of the house nowadays, since it's a huge drama in our house - by the time she has her clothes on, goes potty, puts her shoes on, runs and hides everywhere I am exhausted to no end!!

This is the first step to early reading, Nitha! She's repeating the story out of memorization and looking at pictures. Good for her :thumbsup Riya does that too, and it's so cute to see them do that.

Radhee, I never cooked before marriage either. My mom would get on my case telling me I need to learn so I can cook for my husband. I used to argue with her that I won't spend my time doing something I don't enjoy for a 'stranger'. If my husband is worth it, I'll learn how to cook. :)

I am in my 2nd trimester now (17 1/2 weeks).

Well, today I made a conscious effort to ease off on some things -
    -- One, stayed away from the internet as much as I can!
    -- Two, tried to focus on and enjoy the moment I am in. This is my biggest problem, I am always thinking what I need to do next, and how many things I can accomplish in a given time. Even during craft/art time with Riya, I would get up every 5-10 minutes and either tidy up the kitchen, or pick up clothes, or do something else. I have decided to not do that anymore.
    -- Three, I need to stop procrastinating. I don't procrastinate on big things, but I do on little, little things around the house that turn into big stresses and distract me from enjoying the present.
    -- Four, continue going to bed on time (I have been really good these past few days), and get up atleast 30 minutes early to spend some time with God. Whenever I do that, my day goes by very smoothly.

Will keep you guys posted on how it's going. I really do need to work on these since I can't function well in 'stress' mode. I owe these changes for the well being of my family and myself.

Raj

9. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Raj...I just realized that I too have these same 4 problems or perhaps even more...Your post made me analyze myself, which I have never done or never had the time to do...Perhaps I too should be following your route...Thanks :)

10. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Hey girls, a quick note..

we have a ggroups active right?? just a suggestion on it - Let us not invite new ILites members to that group unless we are familiar with the person through this thread.. only because we dont want unnecessary trouble given that our personal info is there.. Please dont take this wrong.

will read up your posts and come back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.