Play Safe Dhuleti - The holi of Gujarat

Discussion in 'Western India' started by sejalmodi, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Hetalpanchal

Hetalpanchal New IL'ite

Thank you everybody for your encouraging words. Your love has inspired me to sit up and add this post on this Dhuleti morning. Enjoy!!!

Wish you all a Happy & Safe Dhuleti from Gujarat!!!

2. SimranUnplugged

SimranUnplugged New IL'ite

Hello Gujarat di Kudis,

A big hello from Chandigarh di kudi Simran :wave
    I just wanted to say thanks to this wonderful information that you have posted on Holi (Dhuleti). I know Holi is over, but the information is definitely an eye-opener for all Holis to come.

See you next year with more on this. :thumbsup

Simran

3. krishnabhatt

krishnabhatt New IL'ite

Hey Everybody,

Dhuleti is Back! Su program che tame safe holi khelva maate?

I'm really-really impressed by the information put forward by you guys last year. I think, these are real 'Indusladies forum' treasure for years to come.

I'm for sure going to try making a few colors at home..try karne mein kya jaata hain. :)

Will get back Soon. :yes:

Avjo,

Krishna

4. Hetalpanchal

Hetalpanchal New IL'ite

Tips on How to remove Holi colors quickly

Thanks you Krishnaben. Hope you all are enjoying Holi.
    I find many of us avoid playing holi as we dread the thought of removing the colors after the day of festivity is over.

It is true that colors make your skin and hair dry. You may also develop rashes and allergy. The chemicals present in the colors damage your skin and hair. And when you try to get rid of the colors the skin gets rashes which is quite painful.

But if you pay attention to certain things before and after Holi,you can always enjoy Holi wihtout any fear of damaging your skin.

Let me share with you a few tips on How to remove Holi colors quickly

BEFORE HOLI:

1) Before going to play Holi apply either castor oil or olive oil to the hair. The oil will form a layer over the hair and when you will wash you hair the colors will come off easily.

2) Apply mosituriser to your hands, face and all the exposed body parts.

3) Applydark color nail paint to your nails so that the nails do not get colored. Later remove the nail paint.

4) Wash your face with cold water if you get ant color on your face. Some colors get permanent after drying up.

5) Apply foundation just before playing Holi. This will protect your skin from dry colours. Also apply vaseline to your lips.

Things to remember:

1) Use cold water to remove the colors, hot water makes the color fast and it is difficult to get rid of them.

2) Do not wash your face again and again. This will make your face dry.

3) Do not rub your skin with any rough and hard thing. This will make your skin itchy. Apply coconut oil with the help of cotton and ten try to remove the colors.

4) To lighten the color, rub lemon wedges and then aplly wheat flour and oil mixture.

5) Apply moisturiser to the entire body immediately after a bath.

6) If you are planing a bleach or facial then wait for atleast a week.

7) Applying soaked amchur powder also helps get rid of color.