Unsafe area in Luxembourg?

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by priya30485, Jan 13, 2010.

1. priya30485

priya30485 New IL'ite

Hello All

We are looking to change our present appartment .We found one in the street " Rue de Strassbourg",2 building next to the Indian Hotel - TAJMAHAL, nearby the gare.
    I wanted to know,how safe is that area.
    I have learnt that this may not be the safe areas.
    The building is good.
    Please let me know your views.I need to decide on this ASAP.

Thanks
    -Priya

2. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Priya,

Ofcourse, it is a safe area. Luxembourg is best and safe place to my opinion. Am residing here in Lux for more than 10 years. Why are you afraid of that place ? If it is not safe, even luxembuergers will not reside there... But, it is heart of luxembourg and it is a wanted place in Gare. It is not that easy you can get rental appts / house there. Its your luck I could say. Its upto you now to decide. Take care.

3. Sensang

Sensang New IL'ite

Hi

Iam Sangeetha staying in Austria with my husband.. We r moving Luxembourg in 2 months. We are in search of rental house near gare which will be comfortable for him to go to office.. Is it costly getting house for rent there? How it costs average ? Kindly help me

Thanks in advance

4. priya30485

priya30485 New IL'ite

Hello Suni, Thank you very much for your opinion and Iam really sorry for coming back so late.
    We have shifted to this place and its been around 6 months now.SO far I did not see any issues except the few unwanted people around.But they don't disturb you in any way.
    Would like to mention an incident though where a guy started to follow me even as I entered the nearby shop.I was quite evident.I got scared and quickly went inside my appartment.
    Sometimes I do get on my nerves if I remember that incident.

BTW , may I knw where you are staying in Luxembourg? Its good to see that you are here since 10 years!

Thanks again

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  5. priya30485

priya30485 New IL'ite

Hello Sangeetha,

I hope Iam still on time to your reply.Luxembourg rental is costly and a studio appartment ( around 40 sqm) might cost around 800 to 1000 euros depending on the location + charges.

However you can check with Rockenbrod agency for the rentals and they are really professional.Here is their address:
    16, Boulevard Royal - L-2449 Luxembourg -
    Tel: (352) 475521 - Fax : (352) 475529
    ROCKENBROD Agence Immobilire

There is also a website "www.station.lu" where you can find ads for rentals without agency.

You can also contact me if you need any help.You can msg me here and we can share contacts.

Thanks

6. Sensang

Sensang New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for ur information