Yes dear !

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Jpatma, Jan 28, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Yes dear Jaya its the same story in every house. You have narrated so well and so hilarious it is. Enjoyed the post very much

love
    viji

2. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Jayama

Trust you to come out with such a humorous, but universal truth. I had so much fun reading it, i have decided to make my DH read when he comes back from office.

Too often i will test my DH that tell me what i said few minutes back. He will be able to tell only 25% and rest he will just uhhhhh ahhhhhh, :bowdown I will get more angry and say seee u never listen to me, u have communicaion problem:biglaugh

I think i should adopt kamaljis idea, which will work out good for us.:)

3. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear usha,
    Ethu vettuku vedu vasapadi. I hardly used to make any conversation when my DH was watching TV or when he is eating. He will be so absorbed that i realized just ignore him.
    You are right about men not able to multi task. When i googled abt men's ability to listen it says that only one side of the brain works while for women two sides work and so able to assimilat and perform many task at a time.
    Thanks for the nomination, i feel honored. If i can make you all smile or laugh iam happy.
    Jaya

4. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Mins chellam,
    Your joke has caught on so well in IL that it is been offered as circular email to relieve from TV addict husband.
    Even my DH used to be so engrossed watching TV (sports and news) that there shd be silence . I will just go off to my room and do some reading otherwise there will be some arguments
    Thanks, if my post has cheered you iam happy that is what i was aiming for.
    Jaya

5. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear,
    Your fb is so funny. I think we can compile a list of songs and sell it to the ladies in need. True even at my home, my DH just maintains a grim silence- just khamoshi.
    I must also congratulate you , i notice you interact well with all posts which is commendable.
    Thanks for fb without which i will not be able to write more.
    Jaya

6. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Shree,
    Thanks for highlighting Gloria's lyrics. It was wrong color selection.

Agreem -mmmm , okkkkk are the common at my place, some times my DH used to take mauna vratham.
    Don't worry abt music, we will compile it and send it to you.
    Thanks for everything.
    Jaya

7. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Monifa,
    This fb is so hilarious. I really like the fwding of the joke to clear the TV addict karma.
    You really made my day with this fb.
    Thanks, jaya

8. sowmyapbhat

sowmyapbhat Senior IL'ite

Dear JPatma,

I wholeheartedly agree with you that 'Yes Dear' resonates through many a household across the globe!:) I absolutely love the lighthearted spirit which which you have cross-examined selective hearing!

On the other side of the coin, we wives are guilty of paying too much attention, I should say! Most of us hear things that aren't said, and read things that aren't written!!! No wonder the opposite sex compensates for our excesses!:rotfl

Wonderfully written,

Cheers,
    Sowmya

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  9. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Dear Jaya,
    Well, I'm one of the few ladies who has a hubby who is really attentive and wants to be a great help around the house:thumbsup BUT..... well it ends there all works are complete to his level of complete!! if tea is poured the stains or drops on kitchen platform is not cleaned!!!... clothes are hung then all the pegs are not put... I've discovered that multi-tasking is something men are incapable of ...
    "keep the milk packet out", "shut the lights", "lock the door" & then shut the room lights"... thats one too many instructions!!!!
    Also the table is cleared after dinner and dishes are emptied and to be put in the fridge... well thats too many tasks and so some dish or the other is left behind on the platform... so the lesson I've learnt is best to check all the work!!!
    So lets accept MEN R FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS!! and get on......
    Also another thing I've discovered its not that they don't hear and listen but their brain purposely filters only what they wish to do or know...:hide:

K

10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya
    I have moved your thread 'Yes dear' to this Forwards Section in accordance with your expressed wish. It is nice of you to point out to us that this is not your own.
    I do appreciate your action.
    Sri