How did you come up with your username?

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Induslady, Apr 8, 2007.

1. noinita

noinita New IL'ite

Nothing really interesting out here. I heard the name somewhere in one of the Bengali friends I went to visit. I liked it and I used it out here. No other specific reason.

:)

2. destiny23

destiny23 New IL'ite

Destiny...
    As per me, everything happens because of your destiny...
    When a child is born he comes with his destiny written... nothing can be changed...everything goes according to his destiny...
    I always taught what happenned to me is because it was in my destiny...
    That's why I called my self by that name...Destiny :)

3. eiya

eiya New IL'ite

Hi
    My name is eiya hence the username.

bye
    eiya

4. Neethuninu

Neethuninu New IL'ite

HI..

Im name is Keerthana.Neenu(Ninu) is my pet name at home and Neethu(Nee frm Neenu and thu frm Keerthu) is a given by one of my best frns.So i like this name coz it reminds me of my frn forever....

Warm regards...

5. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi all
    I joined here only today and sent in an intro. about me. I was pleasantly surprised to be immediately directed to tell you all how i chose my username.

Well, its like this. I first gave my own name, but it was rejected as already in use here by someone else. So i gave my mother's name. That was also taken ! Then I saw that some ladies have skipped proper names altogether and given some funny nicknames. So I chose to put the nickname my husband often uses to tease me : Tubelight ! It means someone who is not very quick to grasp or respond !

6. saikamakshi

saikamakshi New IL'ite

Tried all sorts with chandra and was frustrated to see that the name was already there and the pasword does not match. suddenly it struck me that I shoould try my another name and got it by sheer luck. Kamakshi only helped me. I only pray that people should not disuade from becoming a member with this type of frustration. please do some rectification .

7. lasandra

lasandra New IL'ite

Hi All,

I should say this is a very interesting topic to talk about as I too have always been amazed about people having such fantastic usernames and wondered the reason behind it!

The story behind my name is nothing unusual. My name is Laveena Sandra Rodrigues so I just stuck the first two letters of my first name to my second, thats it! :thumbsup

Lasandra :wave:

8. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Hello All,

The username was there all the while with us in the last few weeks/months. My wife and i were involved in assignments related to the global warming issue and had worked on certain projects related to this. So obviously top of mind was a desire for an ever"greenplanet"...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  9. bhawna12

bhawna12 New IL'ite

Hi Frnds,

I dont have very intersting story abt my Username. My name is bhawna I didnt find the right Username bhawna so I use my my username Id as bhawna12 thats it.

Thanks,

Bhawna

10. rensharma

rensharma New IL'ite

hi,

well my actual name is renu and belive me its hard to regester with my actual name ,and for some reason i actually do not prefer using series or fantacies for my id on a site where i am to make friends thus short and sweet rensharma any takers :)